Houston is the 4th largest city in the United States, and is also ranked by U.S. News as the 4th worst traffic city in America. With over 2 million people it’s no wonder TXDOT is constantly repairing and improving our roadways. Unfortunately for those of us driving – and I could have sworn that number would be closer to 6 million after sitting in traffic with most of you – there are always car wrecks adding to the congestion.
Most people don’t realize what to do after they have been in or witnessed a car wreck. Whether it is the shock of the incident or the realization that you never thought about it before because you never thought it would happen to you, the fact remains that most people will forget what to do until it is too late. So here is a brief summary of what you should do if you are ever involved in a car wreck. Especially if you are the one who got hit.
- Check for injuries, then call 911. Go to the hospital if you are in pain.
- Use the camera on your phone to take pictures of the scene and both vehicles before moving them. The more pictures the better. Take pictures of everything you can, including damage to the vehicles.
- Get the other driver’s information. License and Insurance. Take a picture of him/her too!
- If you start feeling pain within 3 days after the accident, go to the doctor
- Don’t deal with the insurance companies on your own. Call The Pinkerton Law Firm at 713-360-6722 and let us fight for you!